Closed School Discharge

I would like expert help and advise with this application
To Be Eligible …

This program is for borrowers who could not complete their program of study because the school closed while they were enrolled or within 120 days of their attendance. If you were offered a Teach-Out Program and did not accept or completed your program of studies at another institution, you are not eligible.

If you meet the requirements, you are eligible to have 100% of the loans you took out for that program forgiven—including any amounts you’ve already paid.

Loans That Qualify
  • Stafford loans
  • Grad PLUS loans
  • Parent PLUS loans
  • Consolidation loans
  • Perkins loans
Next Steps

To receive an application for a closed school discharge, you must contact your loan servicer. If you have questions regarding your closed school, contact the appropriate person here.

Tags: ,