Colorado Health Service Corps
To Be Eligible …
You may be eligible to receive repayment of qualified student loans if you practice in aHealth Professional Shortage Area, delivering primary health care services in a public or nonprofit clinic. The practice must accept public insurance and offer discounted services to low-income, uninsured patients on a sliding fee scale.
- You must be employed at an approved site by the first day of the current application cycle.
- Direct clinical care is defined as a medically necessary medical, dental, mental or behavioral health visit or a qualified preventive health visit. The visit must be a face-to-face/one-on-one encounter between the patient and clinician during which time one or more services are rendered.
- Care rendered via telemedicine is not currently eligible to achieve the hours of direct care minimums.
See below to determine if you are eligible to apply.
Eligible health professions
- Doctors of osteopathic or allopathic medicine (family medicine, geriatrics, general internal medicine, general psychiatry, general child psychiatry, general pediatrics, and general obstetrics and gynecology).
- Clinical pharmacists (PharmD).
- Dentists (general and pediatric).
- Licensed clinical or counseling psychologists (Ph.D., Psy.D.).
- Licensed clinical social workers (master’s or doctoral degree in social work).
- Licensed professional counselors (master’s or doctoral degree with a major study in counseling).
- Licensed marriage and family therapists (master’s or doctoral degree with a major study in marriage and family therapy).
- Certified nurse-midwives.
- Nurse practitioners.
- Physician assistants.
- Psychiatric nurse specialists.
- Registered dental hygienists.
Note: dentists and dental hygienists may also be eligible for the state dental loan repayment program.
Loans That Qualify
- Stafford loans
- Grad PLUS loans
- Consolidation loans
- Perkins loans
- Private student loans
- State loans
You can find the application form for this repayment program here.