False Certification Due To Identity Theft

I would like expert help and advise with this application
To Be Eligible …

A person must have been convicted of borrowing the student loans in your name, and you must not have received any benefit from the loans. Generally, you must also file and submit a police report and various other evidence of identity theft as requested by the loan holder and/or the

  • Department of Education. In addition, you must be willing to assist in any proceedings related to the investigation and/or prosecution of the identity theft. This type of discharge is only for loans received after July 1,

If you meet the requirements, you are eligible to have up to 100% of your student loan discharged.

Loans That Qualify
  • Stafford loans
  • Grad PLUS loans
  • Parent PLUS loans
  • Consolidation loans
  • Perkins loans
Next Steps

To discharge your loans due to identity theft, you will need to certify that you did not authorize or receive benefit from the loans in any way. You will also need to provide six signature samples (at least three from around the time that the promissory note for the loan was signed) and a copy of the judgment stating that you were a victim of identity theft and that the person borrowed the student loan in your name.

Tags: ,