Maryland Dent-Care Loan Assistance Repayment Program
To Be Eligible …
- You must be a Maryland resident.
- You must have graduated from an accredited US dental school.
- You must have a valid unrestricted license to practice dentistry in Maryland and be employed full-time as a dentist in Maryland providing care to Maryland Medical Assistance Program (MMAP) recipients in Maryland.
- You must have at least 30 percent of your patient population as MMAP recipients.
- You must have outstanding eligible higher education loans. You cannot be in default on a loan or have incomplete service obligations.
Dentists may receive up to $23,740 per year for each year of obligated service up to a maximum of 3 years of service.
RENEWING AN AWARD
You may renew your award up to two years.
You must sign and return a promissory note stating that you will remain employed full-time as a dentist. You must agree to maintain at least 30 percent of your patient population as MMAP recipients. If you hold this scholarship with any other award requiring a service obligation, you must perform your service in consecutive years.
The MDC-LARP program regulations have been published online under the Code of Maryland Regulations (COMAR). Please click the following link to access the program regulations: http://www.dsd.state.md.us/COMAR/subtitle_chapters/13B_Chapters.aspx
Loans That Qualify
- Stafford loans
- Grad PLUS loans
- Perkins loans
- Consolidation loans
- State loans
- Private loans
- Institutional loans.
You can find the application and support materials here.