Massachusetts Loan Repayment Program (MLRP)
To Be Eligible …
Massachusetts offers loan repayment programs for primary health care professionals in a variety of disciplines including dental, medical, and mental health professionals. The goal of these programs is to provide educational loan repayment as an incentive for primary care health professionals to practice in communities where significant shortages of health care providers and barriers to access have been identified. The MLRP was implemented in 1990 with funding provided by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services under Section 338I of the Public Health Service Act. The MLRP accepts applications submitted jointly by eligible health professionals and the eligible healthcare organizations. Applicants must be licensed to practice in Massachusetts and commit to practice two years full-time or the equivalent extended commitment part-time (e.g. a 20-hour practice per week will mean a 4-year contract) providing services in an eligible facility or setting. Health Professionals are eligible for up to $50,000 for a two-year contract. Award amounts vary by discipline. Awards are never larger than the outstanding loan balance.
Loans That Qualify
- Stafford loans
- Grad PLUS loans
- Consolidation loans
- Perkins loans
The application for this repayment program is here.
- How to Build a Student Loan Repayment Assistance Program for Registered Nurses
- 5 Classic Personal Finance Books to Read if You Have Student Loan Debt
- Finding a Solution to Your Student Loan Debt Woes Just Got a Whole Lot Easier
- Four Finance Podcasts All Recent College Graduates Should Listen To
- Growth Hacking Your LoanGifitng Profile