Mental Health Loan Assumption Program (California)
To Be Eligible …
An award recipient may receive up to $10,000 to repay educational loans in exchange for a 12-month service obligation in a hard-to-fill or retain the position within the County PMHS.
Counties determine which professions are eligible for their County’s hard-to-fill or retain positions. Some of the eligible professions include, but are not limited to,
- Registered or Licensed Psychologists
- Registered or Licensed Psychiatrists
- Postdoctoral Psychological Assistants
- Postdoctoral Psychological Trainees
- Registered or Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists
- Registered or Licensed Clinical Social Workers
- Licensed Professional Clinical Counselors
- Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor Interns
- Registered or Licensed Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioners in California. Support, managerial and/or fiscal staff may be eligible.
Loans That Qualify
- Stafford loans
- Grad PLUS loans
- Perkins loans
- Consolidation loans
- Private student loans
Submit an application to CalREACH.