Nebraska Student Loan Repayment Program
How does the program work?
What are the benefits?
Who is eligible?
- Physicians, nurse practitioners, and physician assistants practicing the specialties of family practice, general internal medicine, general pediatrics, obstetrics/gynecology, general surgery, and psychiatry;
- Dentists specializing in general dentistry, pediatric dentistry, or oral surgery;
- Clinical psychologists;
- Licensed Mental Health Practitioners;
- Occupational Therapists; and
- Physical Therapists
Health professionals must have a non-provisional license and not be in residency training.
Loans That Qualify
- Stafford loans
- Grad PLUS loans
- Consolidation loans
- Perkins loans
- Private student loans
- Institutional loans
- State loans
Contact: Marlene Janssen
You will need to apply with the Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services
- Don’t Panic! Here’s How to Get Out of Default on a Student Loan
- The Trump Student Loan Plan – What It Could Mean For You
- How to Use the Student Loan Repayment Assistance Program to Promote Employee Health and Wellness
- LoanGifting Matters: La’Fanique Reed
- Four Finance Blogs That All Recent College Grads Should Read