New Hampshire State Loan Repayment Program
To Be Eligible…
Applicants must be US citizens, must not have any unserved obligations for service to another governmental or non-governmental agency, must not be receiving loan repayment money from any other program, and must be licensed in the State of New Hampshire and ready to begin full- or part-time clinical practice at the eligible practice site once a contract has been signed.
In order to be eligible to receive loan repayment, an applicant MUST commit to and sign a binding contract to complete a minimum service obligation of thirty-six months for full-time service or to a minimum obligation of twenty-four months for part-time service with their current practice site.
NH Licensed Health Care Professionals Eligible for SLRP
Licensed health care professionals in the following fields are eligible to apply for loan repayment contracts under the SLRP:
- Tier 1
- Doctors of Allopathic or Osteopathic Medicine
- General Practice Dentists (DDS, or DMD)
- Tier 2
- Primary Care Certified Nurse Practitioners
- Certified Nurse Midwives
- Primary Care Physician Assistants
- Master Level licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselor Effective 10.01.2015
- Psychologist (PhD or equivalent)
- Licensed Clinical Social Workers (MA or PhD)
- Psychiatric Nurse Specialist
- Licensed Professional Counselors (MA or PhD)
- Mental Health Counselors
- Marriage and Family Therapists (MA or PhD)
- Tier 3
- Registered Clinical Dental Hygienists
- Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselor Effective 10.01.2015
Potential Award Amounts
- State of New Hampshire SLRP will offset graduate or undergraduate educational loans to full-time Tier 1 primary care physicians, dentists, and psychiatrists for $75,000 for a minimum service obligation of thirty-six months with an opportunity of an extension for an additional twenty-four months at $40,000 as well as full-time eligible Tier 2 health care professionals for $45,000 for a minimum service obligation of thirty-six months with an opportunity of an extension for an additional twenty-four months at $20,000. Effective 10/1/2015, Tier 3 Registered Dental Hygienists and Licensed Drug and Alcohol Counselors are eligible for $30,000 for a minimum service obligation of thirty-six months with an opportunity of an extension for an additional twenty-four months at $10,000.
- State of New Hampshire SLRP will offset graduate or undergraduate educational loans to part-time primary care physicians, dentists, and psychiatrists for $27,500 for a minimum service obligation of twenty-four months with an opportunity of an extension for an additional twelve-months at $10,000 as well as part-time eligible licensed health care professionals for $17,500 for a minimum service obligation of twenty-four months with an opportunity for an extension for an additional twelve-months for $5,000.
- State of New Hampshire SLRP contracts are awarded first to applicants who have secured a one-to-one match for each state dollar in the contract. This match can come from the eligible practice site or the community in which the applicant will practice. If an applicant is unable to secure a match, his/her application will be considered in competition with all other unmatched applications received.
Loans That Qualify
- Stafford loans
- Grad PLUS loans
- Perkins loans
- Consolidation loans
- Private loans
- State loans
- Institutional loans
- Health Professions Student Loans (HPSL)
- Loans for Disadvantaged Students (LDS)
- Nursing Student Loans (NSL)
- Primary Care Loans (PCL)
Application Deadlines State Fiscal Year:
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis and are reviewed quarterly. Quarterly applications deadlines are March 15 (for July 1 start), June 15 (for October 1 start), September 15 (for January 1 start) and December 15 (for April 1 start).
You can find more information about applying here.
- How to Build a Student Loan Repayment Assistance Program for Registered Nurses
- 5 Classic Personal Finance Books to Read if You Have Student Loan Debt
- Finding a Solution to Your Student Loan Debt Woes Just Got a Whole Lot Easier
- Four Finance Podcasts All Recent College Graduates Should Listen To
- Growth Hacking Your LoanGifitng Profile