North Dakota Federal State Loan Repayment Program
To Be Eligible …
- Must be U.S. citizen
- Must not have outstanding contractual obligations unless completed before the SLRP contract has been signed (this includes recruitment bonuses)
- Must not have a judgment lien against their property.
- Must not be excluded, debarred, suspended or disqualified or have debts written off as uncollectible.
- Must not have breached a prior service obligation or have not had any service or payment obligation waived.
- Graduated from an accredited training program in the U.S., its possessions, territories or Canada.
- Approved/licensed by discipline-specific licensing boards.
- Achievement of matching funds.
- Accept Medicare and Medicaid assignment.
- Agree to practice two years in selected area
- Physicians: Allopathic Medicine and Osteopathic Medicine in the following specialties: Family Medicine, General Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, Obstetrics/Gynecology, Geriatrics, and Psychiatry
- Dentistry: General and Pediatric Dentists and Registered Dental Hygienists
- Advanced Practice Clinicians: Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants (specializing in adult, family, pediatrics, psychiatry/mental health, geriatrics, or women’s health), Psychiatric Nurse Specialists, and Certified Nurse Midwives
- Mental/Behavioral Health: Health Service Psychologists (Clinical and Counseling), Licensed Clinical Social Workers, Licensed Professional Counselors, Marriage and Family Therapists
- Nursing: Registered Nurses
- Pharmacy: Registered Pharmacists
- Applicants may receive up to $50,000/year for two years of service and requires a 1:1 match from the sponsoring organization or community.
The Program is administered by the North Dakota Department of Health.
- Stafford loans
- Grad PLUS loans
- Perkins loans
- Consolidation loans
- Private loans
- State loans
- Health Professions Student Loans (HPSL)
- Loans For Disadvantaged Students (LDS)
- Institutional loans
- Primary Care Loans (PCL)
- Nursing Student Loans (NSL)
You can find the application here.
Please contact Bobbie Will for additional information and submission of completed applications:
Bobbie Will, Director
North Dakota Primary Care Office
Office of Public Health Systems and Performance
600 E Boulevard Ave., Dept 301
Bismarck, ND 58505
office: 701-328-4908 or fax: 701-328-4727
email: [email protected]
- Don’t Panic! Here’s How to Get Out of Default on a Student Loan
- The Trump Student Loan Plan – What It Could Mean For You
- How to Use the Student Loan Repayment Assistance Program to Promote Employee Health and Wellness
- LoanGifting Matters: La’Fanique Reed
- Four Finance Blogs That All Recent College Grads Should Read