Oklahoma Medical Loan Repayment Program
The loan repayment is made possible by the State of Oklahoma through the Physician Manpower Training Commission in order to offer the following benefits:
- Assistance to Oklahoma licensed primary care physicians who agree to establish a practice in a community located in Oklahoma approved by the Commission.
- Medical care and services to Oklahoma citizens in rural and underserved areas with special emphasis to Medicaid recipients as authorized by the Oklahoma Health Care Authority.
- Be licensed to practice medicine in Oklahoma.
- Be a primary care physician. Primary care includes family medicine, geriatrics, general internal medicine, general pediatrics, obstetrics/gynecology or emergency medicine.
- Have legitimate, documented educational loans.
- Not have previous assistance from PMTC nor have any service obligation that would conflict with this obligation.
- Not be currently practicing in a rural Oklahoma community.
- Not currently on a J-1 Visa.
Amount of Loan Repayment
- $160,000.00 Maximum for four years. $25,000 first year, $35,000 second year, $45,000 third year and $55,000 for the final year.
Based on the amount of educational loans to be repaid.
- Stafford loans
- Grad PLUS loans
- Perkins loans
- Consolidation loans
- Private loans
- State loans
- Institutional loans
- Primary Care Loans (PCL)
You can access the application here.
Deputy Executive Director
5500 North Western Avenue, Suite 201
Oklahoma City, OK 73118
T: (405) 843-5667
F: (405) 843-5792