Oklahoma Physician/Community Match Program
To Be Eligible …
- Applicant desires to practice in an Oklahoma community that is participating in the Match Program.
- Applicant graduated from an accredited medical or osteopathic college, successfully completed a postdoctoral program in primary care, and preparing to set up initial practice or currently practicing a primary care specialty as approved by the Physician Manpower Training Commission.
- Applicant has not previously received funding through PMTC scholarship programs.
- Applicant has no other assistance which has a conflicting service obligation requirement.
- Specialties other than primary care may be approved by PMTC if a valid need exists in a matching community.
- Applicant must not be currently practicing in a rural Oklahoma community.
- Not currently on a J-1 Visa.
Amount of Loan
$40,000.00 maximum – $20,000 minimum
A lump sum payment provided when the physician begins practice in the matching community.
- Stafford loans
- Grad PLUS loans
- Perkins loans
- Consolidation loans
- Private loans
- State loans
- Institutional loans
- Primary Care Loans (PCL)
You can find the application online.
Janie S. Thompson, M.Ed.
Physician Programs Coordinator
5500 North Western Avenue, Suite 201
Oklahoma City, OK 73118
T: (405) 843-5667
F: (405) 843-5792