Oregon Partnership State Loan Repayment Program
To Be Eligible …
The SLRP is an incentive for primary care providers working in Health Professional Shortage Areas.
SLRP is a two-year service obligation in exchange for loan repayment funds. Providers may qualify for up to two – 1-year continuations beyond their initial service obligation depending on availability of funds.
Awards are calculated on a tiered system, shown below, based on candidate and site eligibility, the amount the site is able to match and Site’s HPSA score;
- Tier 1
- Defined as: Applicant’s site has a HPSA score of 16 or greater
- Award amount: Applicant is eligible for up to 20% of qualified loan debt per year
- Please note: If your site is already an approved National Health Service Corps site at the time of your application, you will be encouraged to apply for the NHSC program. If you choose to move forward with your SLRP application, you will only be eligible for a maximum award of up to 10% of your qualified debt.
- Tier 2
- Defined as: Applicant’s site has a HPSA score of 11-15
- Award amount: Applicant is eligible for up to 15% of qualified loan debt per year
- Tier 3
- Defined as: Applicant’s site has a HPSA score of 1-10
- Award amount: Applicant is eligible for up to 10% of qualified loan debt per year
Loans That Qualify
- Stafford loans
- Grad PLUS loans
- Parent PLUS loans
- Consolidation loans
- Perkins loans
- Private student loans
- State loans
You can find the two applications for this program here.
For questions regarding service, site eligibility contact us at [email protected]