Rhode Island Health Professionals Loan Repayment
To Be Eligible …
- Confirm that you are working at an eligible site. You must be working at a site located in a federally-designated health provider shortage area that matches your profession. All Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHCs) are eligible practice sites.
- Confirm that you have an approved and active license. Individuals with a pending license status as of the submission deadline are encouraged to apply.
- Talk with your employer. Your employer will need to describe the facility’s need for your services, must verify your working hours, and confirm that 80% of that time is for providing direct patient care.
- The application is posted on December 15 each year
Loans That Qualify
- Stafford loans
- Grad PLUS loans
- Federal Consolidation loans
- Perkins loans
- Nursing Student Loans (NSL)
- Private loans
- State loans
- Institutional loans
You can find more information about the application process here.
- Don’t Panic! Here’s How to Get Out of Default on a Student Loan
- The Trump Student Loan Plan – What It Could Mean For You
- How to Use the Student Loan Repayment Assistance Program to Promote Employee Health and Wellness
- LoanGifting Matters: La’Fanique Reed
- Four Finance Blogs That All Recent College Grads Should Read
benefit packages for employees best gifts for graduates cosign student loan debt debt collectors debt relief Department of Education employee benefits package employer participation in student loan assistance act employer student loan repayment program federal student debt relief gainful employment getting help gifts for recent graduates H.R. 108 H.R. 795 help paying student loans higher education policy job benefits package loanbenefits loan default assistance loangifting loans loan servicers pay education loans private student debt relief profile advice PROSPER ACT student advocacy student debt student loan assistance student loan bankruptcy student loan benefit student loan bills student loan crowdfunding student loan debt student loan discharge student loan forgiveness student loan paydown student loan policy student loan refinance student loans student news students university transparency